Woo Hoo! You just got engaged and you said yes! Now….we have a wedding to plan! Here are the Top 6 Tips for the Newly Engaged as you embark on this adventure of wedding planning.
1. Call you family and friends and let them know the exciting news. Or send a fun text of a picture from the engagement or a ring picture!
2. Once you have talked to all of your family and closest friends, share on social media! Your extended friends will be so excited to hear of your engagement and let the wedding emojis commence.
3. Call and insure the engagement ring or rings. Usually you can call your homeowners or rental insurance company and they can add it to your insurance. Often times a quick trip to the jeweler who did your ring is in order for sizing.
4. When beginning to plan your wedding, sit down with your fiancé and family and make a list of the most important elements of your day. At the same time, it is a good idea to talk about finances and establishing a budget for your wedding and events.
5. Start talking to wedding planners in Chicago or that specialize in destination weddings if you are planning a destination wedding. I am a Chicago wedding planner but also work on destination weddings all over the world and would love to chat with you about your wedding planning!
6. Have fun and enjoy this time! Keep a journal of this journey with your spouse to be. Take tons of fun pictures along the way as you go to meetings, cake tastings and pick out that perfect wedding dress or tuxedo for your wedding!