I woke up this morning and it feels like fall a little bit, but this quick cool weather will be replaced Sunday with warm and sunny yet again for the Labor Day Weekend in Chicago. Needs ideas for what to do this weekend? Take a break from wedding planning, get out there and enjoy all the city has to offer.
1. Chicago Jazz Fest is in town and what better place to lay a blanket out and listen to jazz than Millenium Park and Grant Park? Chicago is known as a "jazz town" with some of the famous jazz musicians having attended DePaul University (like Brian Culbertson).
2. They are not in first place by any means but the Chicago Cubs are in town this weekend battling it out against the New York Mets. Check their website for the schedule and to purchase tickets.
3. Attend the Joyous Outdoor Event at Redmoon Theater located near South Belmont Harbor. The whole family can enjoy performances, music concerts and the Luminarium.
4. Bridesmaid Dress Party at Faith and Whiskey. Dust off those old bridesmaids dresses and attend this event on Sunday, September 5th.
5. On Saturday at 10:30am, see Top Chef Winner, Stephanie Izard, (whose now open Girl and the Goat is getting excellent reviews) do a chef demonstration at Green City Market in South Lincoln Park.